Post your Carter memories over the years

Everything about Carter USM

Post your Carter memories over the years

Postby Daz » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:32 am

Hi all

Speaking to people on Saturday there were a lot of great memories shared of Carter USM gigs and the crew that were different from each person and from different gigs, if you have enduring Carter memories/funny or heroic stories of Carter, me, Bottomley, John or any other of the crew it would be brilliant if you could all post thrm here and get friends who may not be as active on the forum as they once were to do the same.

You'd all be doing me a massive favour too as many other people's memories jogged my own quite vivid memories of things I didn't remember until hearing their stories and I have an idea to use them for something

Daz x
When he met me sober Les decided I was a nice bloke thats how I got the job
Daz
Small Fluffy Kitten
Small Fluffy Kitten

Re: Post your Carter memories over the years

Postby dogbottomley » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:55 pm

I got lumbered with a Stroppy lighting guy who couldn't read a map to save himself, & a geezer who couldn't pee in a can whilst the van was being driven @ 30mph 
& HUMAN BEINGS
dogbottomley
King Of The Forum Jungle
King Of The Forum Jungle

Postby Senseless Thing » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:54 pm

My mate and I went through from Aberdeen to one of the Barrowlands gigs (can't remember which one). As we were on the Clockwork Orange I had on a pair of stonewash jeans where the crotch area had pretty much disintegrated and people couldn't help staring at the red undercrackers in full view.

As has happened a lot over the years my backside was a bit iffy and I then proceeded to drop a number of Simon but deadly farts as we were due to get off. Queue my mate punching me without a word spoken, me killing myself laughing and a carriage full of punters wanting to get the hell off the subway.

In the scale of things not a great story but I still re-tell it and my mate always mentions it when we meet up.
If you have nothing to say then this is the place for you
Senseless Thing
Lion-O
Lion-O

Postby happyhibbee » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:33 pm

Coming home from a gig in the Barrowlands me and my 'friend' got the last train home to Edinburgh, where we could not help ourselves and i proceeded to 'give her one' in the toilet, it was just after they released Worry Bomb and Wez was the 3rd member, my member was okay after that eh Shaz xx :D

Somebody must have commented on it,cos the train was packed with Carter fans (which it always was) Happy times when i was separated

Oh and i'm disapointed they still just do the first 4 albums at gigs it made up for me missing the 'last ever gig' (hope not) x
GGTTH!
happyhibbee
Tiger
Tiger

Postby glesga lawyer » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:40 pm

Brixton 2011 was a non runner for me when tickets went on sale.
I then won a trip to London with Clyde 1 , sleeper down and back,
and Hotel Russell while there. Unfortunately my Dad passed away ,
so couldn't manage the dates given.
Scotrail sorted me out for later dates, but the hotel told me tough titty !
We sorted our own accommodation, and on the Saturday afternoon,
as we were walking through Hyde Park,
I received a text message from Dog, which read, " You shall be going to the ball" :D
He had a word with the Franks , and my good lady and myself got into Brixton to the gig, on their pass.
A great gig, with great friends , which means I have great memories of it.
I did thank Paul Linehan after this years gig at Brixton ,
for their kindness in sorting us out in 2011.
It was very much appreciated :D
Keep asking the questions
And question the answers
glesga lawyer
Lion-O
Lion-O

Postby The Bloxta » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:02 pm

For me it was the WTDN gig at Princess Charlotte 2001, both Jim and Les came on with their bands (with the Invisibles supporting) then when they came back on as a 6 piece Carter the whole place just erupted.
It's been an emotional ride folks, thanks for the memories
The Bloxta
King Of The Forum Jungle
King Of The Forum Jungle

Postby Lester Piggott » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm

At the moment my gig going career has been bookended by Carter. My first ever and last ever (so far) gigs were Carter and I'm almost tempted to leave it that way just to retain the symmetry! The first one was at The Barras around 91/92. I was only about 15 and went with the worst false ID you've ever seen in your life! I remember the bouncer looking at me, looking at my mate (who was about 17 but looked a lot older) shaking his head and saying to "make sure you look after him" and letting us in. Nearly 30 years later I don't really remember a great deal about the gig other than it being loud, sweaty and that I fuck loved it! Oh, and my mates Dad who picked us up giving him pelters for thinking that Down In The Tube Station...was by the Clash and not The Jam!

Brixton a couple of weeks ago was phenomenal, even though I fuck up by thinking I had standing tickets but discovering on the night they were in fact upstairs and having to stand right at the very back. I don't mind admitting I shed a wee tear or 2 at the end.
Lester Piggott
Small Fluffy Kitten
Small Fluffy Kitten

Postby phantomguitarist » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:42 am

happyhibbee wrote:Coming home from a gig in the Barrowlands me and my 'friend' got the last train home to Edinburgh, where we could not help ourselves and i proceeded to 'give her one' in the toilet, it was just after they released Worry Bomb and Wez was the 3rd member, my member was okay after that eh Shaz xx :D

Somebody must have commented on it,cos the train was packed with Carter fans (which it always was) Happy times when i was separated

Oh and i'm disapointed they still just do the first 4 albums at gigs it made up for me missing the 'last ever gig' (hope not) x

They played And God Created Brixton this year. I was jumping up and down like a lunatic singing my head off among a crowd of rather bemused folk.
CARTER THE STOPPABLE SEX MACHINE
phantomguitarist
Lion-O
Lion-O

Postby marcus_tandy » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:05 pm

And since the reunions Lets Get Tattoos (on a regular basis) and My Defeatist Attitude have been done live.
marcus_tandy
Hip Cat
Hip Cat

Postby phantomguitarist » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:53 am

One of my favourite ever Carter related moments was Jim doing Girls Can Keep A Secret with Chris TT on keyboard in 13th Note. One of my top Carter tunes that, and really good to see it performed live. I'm not at all sure which tour that would've been, but it was a good one. Thinking about it that may even have been the gig I supported at lol, as I think my folks were there and I can't for the life of me think of any other reason why this would've been the case.
CARTER THE STOPPABLE SEX MACHINE
phantomguitarist
Lion-O
Lion-O

Postby ian_t » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:40 pm

97 when no body was bothered.... been out drinking all day before the gig at the wedgewood rooms in portsmouth... first up it was f**k me how many of them are they as all 7 of them trooped on stage and secondly when the intro to surfin started it didnt matter a jot as this was carter and this was going to get very messy indeed!
ian_t
Small Fluffy Kitten
Small Fluffy Kitten

Postby andygreenshirt » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:17 pm

May have imagined this but think I remember Jim Bob and Fruit Bat on Radio One Round Table slagging off Eric Clapton circa 1990 ( shortly after Queen Victoria passed away so memory a tad sketchy).
Here Come The Hills of Time
andygreenshirt
Lion-O
Lion-O

Postby gertcha » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:53 pm

When Jimbob changed the lyrics to Bubblegum and made them my name

(I have some better ones)
gertcha
Lion-O
Lion-O

Return to Carter USM News