Your most valued Carter possessions.

Everything about Carter USM

Postby Senseless Thing » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:47 pm

Asked for xmas carol t-shirt to be signed by Fruity and Jimbob at the Dave tour and they asked me backstage because they couldn't remember the tour.

Also love my after the watershed tour t and the glastonbury have a good time all the time t.
If you have nothing to say then this is the place for you
Senseless Thing
Lion-O
Lion-O

Postby marcus_tandy » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:58 pm

I met up with Mr Bob for a coffee the other week and as a thank you for doing the Brixton reunion gig deal he gave me his silver disc for 30 Something. It is now in my hall and looks fantastic. And is probably the best thing I have. I was very touched indeed. He kept the gold one for himself though...
marcus_tandy
Hip Cat
Hip Cat

Postby SD » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:09 pm

I'm strecthing this a bit but my favourite 'Carter' possession is the 2002 Who's the Daddy Now? Tour poster, signed by everyone on the bus that 11 days was one of the greatest experiences of my life.

Although the poster doesn't just remind me of the tour as my Dad died just a couple of weeks after I'd been on that tour. Thus the memories it invokes of that time are very bitter-sweet and confused.

Come to think of it, I've not seen it since my house move in 2005, but I know it's here somewhere!
He jumped into the pit and waved bubbles over the crowd like he was Bono.
SD
Tiger
Tiger

Postby flintyboy73 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:52 am

17 years of memories with scars, diaries, clippings records and tees, photos and friends.
flintyboy73
Lynx
Lynx

Postby neilmat » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:33 pm

My signed 30 something tshirt Les got me for my 30th birthday
My only fault is that Im perfect.
neilmat
Panther
Panther

yeah

Postby dogbottomley » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:59 am

what i have in my heart & in my head no amount of money can buy, to the roads i've taken,to the fans, the friends i've made, to the wee shit venues to the grand halls that CARTER USM played, they put their heart & soul into what they done, people asked many times to try & get an "in" to join their crew but we were all hand picked, & @ times it felt like being part of a circus(cause the crew were mighty odd)& @ other times it felt like the loneliest place on earth. There were times we had to stand our ground,& the odds were not in our favour,bootleggers,touts, dodgy festivals in europe :roll: :wink: i wouldn't have changed a thing. 8)
& HUMAN BEINGS
dogbottomley
King Of The Forum Jungle
King Of The Forum Jungle

hmmm.

Postby grapplingpunk » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:03 pm

All my Carter goodies are priceless to me but the highlights of my collection are all my signed vinyl which i got done at the middlesbrough arena on the Dave tour. Great day despite Jimbob reckoning that i bought them all from a charity shop that morning. Even worse was the fact that my friend who was with me at the time and Fruity kindly put him on the guestlist for the gig that night was refused entry for being too young so i had to miss that gig as i had to take him home!!!

However my favourite item is probably my one of a kind "lonely this christmas" club carter 7". With me being a fussy bugger i send jimbob the plain white cover that it came in and asked him to jazz it up a'la the Christmas Shoppers Paradise 7" cover and he obliged so i've got a handsigned and drawn cover wishing me a merry christmas. Ideal.
grapplingpunk
Small Fluffy Kitten
Small Fluffy Kitten

Re: yeah

Postby flintyboy73 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:35 pm

dogbottomley wrote:what i have in my heart & in my head no amount of money can buy, to the roads i've taken,to the fans, the friends i've made, to the wee shit venues to the grand halls that CARTER USM played, they put their heart & soul into what they done, people asked many times to try & get an "in" to join their crew but we were all hand picked, & @ times it felt like being part of a circus(cause the crew were mighty odd)& @ other times it felt like the loneliest place on earth. There were times we had to stand our ground,& the odds were not in our favour,bootleggers,touts, dodgy festivals in europe :roll: :wink: i wouldn't have changed a thing. 8)

I've got the memory of taking Dogs laundry to a brixton laundrette around 92/93 (and collecting it again)
flintyboy73
Lynx
Lynx

Postby iain » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:53 pm

I bought Jack a 03 Something t-shirt not long after he was born (about 18 months ago). Being 2 months premature and the fact that it fits him now makes it very special indeed.
iain
Big Fat Ginger Tom
Big Fat Ginger Tom

Re: yeah

Postby dogbottomley » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:43 pm

flintyboy73 wrote:
dogbottomley wrote:what i have in my heart & in my head no amount of money can buy, to the roads i've taken,to the fans, the friends i've made, to the wee shit venues to the grand halls that CARTER USM played, they put their heart & soul into what they done, people asked many times to try & get an "in" to join their crew but we were all hand picked, & @ times it felt like being part of a circus(cause the crew were mighty odd)& @ other times it felt like the loneliest place on earth. There were times we had to stand our ground,& the odds were not in our favour,bootleggers,touts, dodgy festivals in europe :roll: :wink: i wouldn't have changed a thing. 8)

I've got the memory of taking Dogs laundry to a brixton laundrette around 92/93 (and collecting it again)
your due a medal for going above & beyond the call of duty!! :wink:
& HUMAN BEINGS
dogbottomley
King Of The Forum Jungle
King Of The Forum Jungle

Postby phantomguitarist » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:47 pm

I guess my most treasured Carter posession is the 30 Something CD still with No Risk Disc sticker on. Stolen from my dad. Have nothing rarer than that.
CARTER THE STOPPABLE SEX MACHINE
phantomguitarist
Lion-O
Lion-O

Postby Hot Crossed Puns » Mon May 14, 2007 1:52 am

Carter USM cycle cap,
Sheltered Life Ep,
Xmas Freebie 7",
Handbuilt by Perverts Jap Import, dont knw if its rare anymore but I like it so much cos Ipaid 20 quid for it. in 1993? that was about 25 new pounds. + its got twin tub on it!
Hot Crossed Puns
Small Fluffy Kitten
Small Fluffy Kitten

Postby Melanie » Mon May 14, 2007 9:29 am

Jim Rhesus wrote:
And the moment when we support them at Brixton Academy when they reform..............
I wish :lol:

:lol: :lol:
"Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much."
Melanie
Lion-O
Lion-O

Postby gertcha » Tue May 15, 2007 11:19 pm

I still have one of the foam balls from glasto 92....
gertcha
Lion-O
Lion-O

Postby Simon » Wed May 16, 2007 9:06 am

gertcha wrote:I still have one of the foam balls from glasto 92....

Me too - it's on my desk :)
Simon
Lion-O
Lion-O

PreviousNext

Return to Carter USM News