Philosophy

Philosophy

Postby Dionysus » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:54 pm

Thought i'd throw this out there to see if anyone reads / has read any philosophy/philosophers recently? I am currently re-reading a book on soren kierkegaard by Peter Vardy and it's brilliant. Who'd have thought I have lots in common with a 19th Century Christian Existentialist?

It seems most interest in philosophy seems to revolve around logic and metaphysics, mostly in the analytical tradition whereas my interest is in european post-kantian philosphy.
A well respected man about town
Dionysus
Lion-O
Lion-O

Re: Philosophy

Postby Big Tim » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:22 am

Phew, that's a relief.

I'm more bound up in Meso-american archetypal cosmology, for some reason, which is beyond me, I recognised it instantly as a kind of personal compass. Maybe it's dumb simplicity resonates with me, I dunno, it's a view I get. You have your three worlds and four compass points covering the elementals and it all seems to point towards a cosmic, tesselating contract of agreement - on every level. Lovely stuff, once you get past the offerings bit.

You can do it symbolically but if there is one thing more powerful than the mummified remains of your dead relatives it's the ashes of the mummified remains of your dead relatives,

Salut

Wiracocha!
spent a moment on my lips
Big Tim
King Of The Forum Jungle
King Of The Forum Jungle

Re: Philosophy

Postby Micky Teaspoon » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:37 am

Green Park
..the favourite phrase of those who've always had it better...
Micky Teaspoon
Lion-O
Lion-O

Return to Book Club