The kite runner

The kite runner

Postby bethany-rose » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:05 pm

This may well be the best book i have ever read.

It is one of the exam texts for AS english this year. I read it after finishing pride and prejudice, expecting it to be similarly crap.
I was unbelievably wrong.
It is utterly heartbreaking yet impossible to put down. Beautifully wirtten and a nice length.Everyone should read this book.everyone.

(but dont read pride and prejudice cause that is a load of guff.as is death of a salesman and king lear.and the poetry of thomas hardy.auden is quite good.)
so what will father christmas bring,
if everyones gone shoplifting?
bethany-rose
Lynx
Lynx

Re: The kite runner

Postby mitch » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:50 pm

It's a superb book. However, I thought A Thousand Splendid Suns was even better; I think it's the female perspective offered which really touched me.

I have to admit I adore Death of a Salesman and anything Thomas Hardy-related. Never got all the way through Pride and Prejudice, it was just awful and, having been forced to do Sense and Sensibility at A-level, I can safely say I despise Jane Austen and her ability to rehash the same plot line again and again. I had two teachers at a-level: one was a card-carrying member of the Jane Austen fan club (yes, there is one and they produce cards!); whilst the other hated her about as much as I do. It allowed me to moan to the latter about the novel choice of the former!

I didn't know Kite Runner was on the a-level syllabus, I'm teaching language rather than literature; it would be a great one to write on. I did Handmaid's Tale and it's still up there amongst my top books of all time.
Are you a sardine?
mitch
Lion-O
Lion-O

Return to Book Club