Ello From Deejay

A place for the photo spods to hang out

Ello From Deejay

Postby AmbientOne » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:53 am

What better place to introduce meself.

I hope the plan works and the photos don't come up huge.

This is me, I'm Dj, nearly-ish 28, live in Cardiff:

I have a wonderful bloke called Martin, who I love very much, and yes his fave band is NMA:

Between us, we have two kids - Joe, who is 8, and my daughter Kai (Kaya) who is 3 in august:

(Yes, that's an NMA tee on her)

Kai is quite an artist, at age 2 - beach hut, pebbles, waves and a person on the beach (It's Brighton beach:

At Bristol Tunnels, Jim Bob seemed a bit amused when I mentioned I had dreads to sew other dreads into - I'd like to show him my efforts of this last weekend, these are old dreads of mine and other people's, which have been sewn into my current dreads:

I have got to give it to him though, I realised last week that indeed, a load of my dreads have come undone - but the rest are hidden because they never dread all the way to the root. Damn my hair.

Martin and I like listening to music by this man:

We don't have pics of Fruity or Chris, but we love their music too.

Every saturday night we watch Dr Who, unless we're out, then we watch it on catch up - Kai likes Dr Who except for the Daleks:

I have two pet cornsnakes, Nancy and Indie - named after Indie the music genre and Nancy as in Sid and Nancy - all my pets get musical references:

Martin has a 3 legged cat called Gizmo, who also answers to 'you fuck shit' and 'oh it's you again, sodoffwillya':

I'm trained in Ninjutsu (bujinkan budo taijutsu) - this is me last xmas, when I received my 9th kyu - yes, I'm still a beginner!):

But trust me, you don't wanna cross me (excuse the bad photo):

I'm not sure what else to write - but this is me, hi, hello, nice to meet you. I'm not doing much with my life just now, but I'm still writing songs, creating lyrics for other people's songs, failing to play my bass guitar, sponging out on the 6 string and travelling round the country visiting a field near you in the hippy van, maybe.................... Say hi.
"You tell me its the making of me/ that's a f***ing lie" - James
AmbientOne
Lynx
Lynx

Re: Ello From Deejay

Postby AmbientOne » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:10 am

Is there anybody there? :shock:
AmbientOne
Lynx
Lynx

Postby fruity » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:32 am

Lovely pics, welcome :)
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside, I do like to be beside the sea....
fruity
I am thought police
I am thought police

Postby ravey davey gravy » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:45 am

Hiya

Thats quite an intro! Welcome aboard, its sometimes quiet in here, but that just makes it easier to think. The regulars are nice, just don't ask what the star on the wall is all about and stay off the mores
Derby, like London but closer to Nottingham
ravey davey gravy
King Of The Forum Jungle
King Of The Forum Jungle

Postby AmbientOne » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:53 am

Ello FB and ello raveydaveygravy!

Am I going to make an ass of myself by saying I just looked everywhere for a star? If it's lyrics or a film reference, you can guarantee I won't geddit :roll:

I decided a huge intro was a good idea so people could get to know me a bit. Gets lonely an' all, not long moved to Cardiff (well, easter - how long has that been) and I'm in the house a lot. Coupled with my mobile having just broken and my losing most the numbers, it's all gotten a bit quiet........... *cue tumbleweed...*

Anyone know why a PM stays in the outbox so long? Do they not send straight away?

Not that I'm so desperate that I'll talk about anything, tum tee tum.......... :mrgreen:
AmbientOne
Lynx
Lynx

Postby sgtpepperband » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:56 pm

Welcome DeeJay... :o

As said, the regulars here are a good bunch, with a variety of backgrounds and interests, but with many things in common also. The meet ups at the gigs often prove to be memorable (for the right reasons, lol) so I look forward to saying hello at the next opportunity.

By the way, a PM will stay in your Outbox until the recipient has read it... :wink:

All the best,

Chris (spb) xx
Realise the impotence of proof reading everything you publish...
sgtpepperband
Lion-O
Lion-O

Postby AmbientOne » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:17 pm

Cheers Chris.

We've probably been in the same room at the same time a number of occasions before! It just never occurred to me before a few years ago to join forums for bands (didn't know there were any).

Been out, have got me phone sorted, I'll now get a vibrating pillow every night when I get facebook notifications......... But I'm sure having a Blackberry will be awright :mrgreen:

Sounds like there's a nice bunch here. Cheers for me welcome!
AmbientOne
Lynx
Lynx

Postby AmbientOne » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:44 pm

Ok, big cheers to those who have helped keep me occupied today - temporary blip in the mind at the mo, the heart is needing a rub, and yer lovely people. All 3 of ya, I think it was, lol.

Gonna unplug the router now, so when Martin gets in in a minute, I get him to myself for a bit before he realises how to fix the net................
AmbientOne
Lynx
Lynx

Postby Worcester Dan » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:54 am

Hi Deejay

Welcome to the boards, nice to have some new faces it gas been a bit quiet round these parts of late

WD
I turn on my box and it's like punk never happened
Worcester Dan
Lion-O
Lion-O

Postby AmbientOne » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:37 am

Wicked, nice to be the new faces of the board. And I certainly have a few - I often send xmas cards to people 'from the both of us' - standing joke because I'm like Jekyll and Hyde, mood and personality-wise!

Here I go again... Off the internet Dj, go finish what you were doing!!!
AmbientOne
Lynx
Lynx

Return to Photo Club